Jikoji Retreat Center, 12100 Skyline Blvd, Los Gatos, CA 95033, phone: (408) 741-9562
Activities, Events and Schedules
Weekday and Sunday Zazen
Resident Practice is open to guests, typically once or twice
Sunday Program welcomes everyone during the Sunday schedule.
The Sunday program begins with zazen at 10 am, and includes two periods of zazen and a dharma talk, followed by a social lunch.
various classes, ceremonial japanese tea services, and group sessions are frequently offered, and guests are welcome to continue to visit or enjoy the surrounding open space and trails.
Prior Activities are also accessible.
- February 10 - 16: Nehan-e Sesshin, led by Angie Boissevain
- Feb. 10 - April 13: Winter Practice Period (Ango)
Reading suggestions for Science and Buddhism Discussions . Sundays 2 pm - 4pm During Ango
- April 7 - 13: Tanjo-e Sesshin - Monday to Sunday, led by Ian Forsberg
- April 13 afternoon: Buddha’s Birthday Celebration - 12:30pm - 3pm, lunch, ceremony and party celebrating the birth of the Buddha
- June 1, 2 pm, Board Meeting, Open to Sangha and Interested Parties
- June 6 - 8: Genzo-e Sesshin with Santa Cruz Zen Center, led by Kokyo Henkel
- July 26 - 28: Kobun Memorial Sesshin
- August 1-8: Floating Zendo Annual Sesshin, led by Angie Boissevain-roshi. Contact FZ at 408.674.5956 to register.
- October 7 - 12: Denko-e Sesshin ("Gathering of Light Sesshin")
- December 1 - 7: Rohatsu Sesshin, the traditional winter sesshin commemorating Buddha's enlightenment.
- December 31 - NY's eve program
Sesshins and other events can be attended on a part time, drop in basis.
Please call ahead and register if you plan to attend meals or stay overnight.
A donation of $50 per day incuding meals and dormitory accomodations is requested, but no one is ever turned away from the Dharma for lack of funds.
Scholarships and work-study programs that cover some or all of the costs may be available.
Please call Jikoji at 408-741-9562 for further information, or to make reservations, if you plan on staying for meals or overnight lodging.
See Frequently Asked Questions for more information about sesshins and other activities.
View or print the
Jikoji registration form for sesshins, workshops, and other events.
From time to time, Jikoji hosts private retreats, during which
time the main buildings are closed to the public.
Please call ahead,
(408) 741-9562, if you are planning to visit.
HOMEJikoji website updated January 2014 —Technical questions, suggestions, or problems with the site? email: