Jikoji Retreat Center, 12100 Skyline Blvd, Los Gatos, CA 95033, phone: (408) 741-9562
On Sundays everyone is welcome at any time. Please come, and invite your family and friends to join us!
Most guests participate in the Practice Schedule and lunch listed below.
However, anyone is welcome to relax in Jikoji's community building, enjoy our grounds, or
hike the many Open Space Trails in the area.
A $10 donation is suggested.
A white board outside the entrance to the community building
lists each Sunday's schedule and locations. Note that Jikoji sometimes hosts private retreats or rents facilities to other groups,
so some facilities may be closed to the public. On these occasions the regular Sunday
program is usually held in the small zendo,
with lunch usually at our outdoor dining area or in the Residents kitchen.
Sunday Practice Schedule
- 10:00 a.m. zazen
- 10:40 kinhin
- 10:50 zazen
- 11:30 service
- 11:40 talk
- 12:30 social lunch
Garden, and Lunch
Please bring tomato starts (or any other vegetable or fruit starts)
if you can donate to Jikoji's vegetable garden.
Donate now and enjoy lovely tomatoes in late summer when you visit for Sunday services.
Other Sunday Activities
Individual or group zazen instruction can be arranged on request.
On Sundays either 9:00 a.m. or after lunch works well.
Please call Jikoji at 408-741-9562 to arrange.
Sunday afternoons usually have some activity scheduled, but also are open for walks, socializing, relaxing,
classes, sewing, work projects, etc.
Karen and Heinrick are visiting, back from Germany, and would love to see friends.
Guest Speakers and Dates
- May 12 - Val Szymanski, founding teacher of Bamboo in the Wind, on Mother's Day!
- May 19 - Peter Szydlowski, with park naturalists/interpreters Charles Ewing and Ingrid Medris (part of Zendo Without Walls Weekend)
- May 26 - Gonzalo Brito, a guest at Jikoji and a Chilean clinical psychologist exploring the interrelation of meditation and psychology,
- June 2 - Koan Gary Janka, a teacher in Maezumi Roshi's lineage, also serving as a prison chaplain
- June 9 - Ryan Brandenberg, director of Jikoji 1994 - 2004, "Between the Relative and the Absolute: What is Kindness?"
- June 16 - Meido Barbara Anderson, basic guiding "mantras" for the integration of Zen practice with daily living
- June 23 - Meido Barbara Anderson, last talk before her return to O-An Zendo in Julian, Pennsylvania
For a history of speakers, click on History, Prior Speakers
Brief biographies of Jikoji's Guest Teachers and Speakers
See the Sesshins Info page for more information about sesshins.
HOMEJikoji website updated January 2013 —Technical questions, suggestions, or problems with the site? email: