Jikoji Retreat Center, 12100 Skyline Blvd, Los Gatos, CA 95033, phone: (408) 741-9562
On Sundays everyone is welcome at any time. Please come, and invite your family and friends to join us!
Most guests participate in the Practice Schedule and lunch listed below.
However, anyone is welcome to relax in Jikoji's community building, enjoy our grounds, or
hike the many Open Space Trails in the area.
A $10 donation is suggested.
A white board outside the entrance to the community building
lists each Sunday's schedule and locations. Note that Jikoji sometimes hosts private retreats or rents facilities to other groups,
so some facilities may be closed to the public. On these occasions the regular Sunday
program is usually held in the small zendo,
with lunch usually at our outdoor dining area or in the Residents kitchen.
Sunday Practice Schedule
- 10:00 a.m. zazen
- 10:40 kinhin
- 10:50 zazen
- 11:30 service
- 11:40 talk
- 12:30 social lunch
- 2:00 pm Science and Buddhism Discussions
Other Sunday Activities
- Individual or group zazen instruction can be arranged on request.
On Sundays either 9:00 a.m. or after lunch works well.
Please call Jikoji at 408-741-9562 to arrange.
- Sunday afternoons may have some activity scheduled, but also are open for walks, socializing, relaxing,
classes, sewing, work projects, etc.
Guest Speakers and Dates
- March 2, Peter Szydlowski, teacher/leader for Rohatsu sesshin, avid hiker and traveler, and past Jikoji board president
- March 9, Shinshu Roberts, co-founder/teacher of Ocean Gate Zen Center, Capitola, CA
- March 16, Jill Kaplan, priest at Zen Heart Sangha
- March 23, Greg Campbell, Staff Resident and Business Manager at Jikoji.
- March 30, Shoho Michael Newhall, Jikoji's resident teacher and Chief Priest
- Doug Jacobson, Jikoji Resident, ordained monk, civil engineer, prison chaplain, and maintenance oversight manager for Jikoji
- Ian Hakuryu Forsberg, resident teacher at Hokoji, Jikoji's sister temple in Taos New Mexico.
See the Sesshins Info page for more information about sesshins.
HOMEJikoji website updated January 2014 —Technical questions, suggestions, or problems with the site? email: